One Voice for Airline Pilots
What does it mean to be "pilot partisan"? It means we speak with one voice on behalf of all airline pilots to both sides of the political aisle regardless of what letter designator is next to an elected official’s name.
And at a time when our industry is reeling from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, this has become a key factor in ALPA’s progress to advocate on behalf of our members with elected leaders on Capitol Hill and Parliament Hill. Issues such as health and safety, payroll security, job retention, and the protection of our collective bargaining agreements continue to be at the forefront of our discussions.
But as you’ll read in the following articles, it’s not just the legislative battles caused by the pandemic that have our attention. ALPA’s dedicated pilot volunteers, elected pilot leaders, and professional staff continue their work to promote the Association’s pilot-partisan agenda in all aspects of the airline piloting profession, including shepherding the full implementation of FAA reauthorization priorities, repealing the excise tax on employer-provided health-care benefits, enhancing the safety of all-cargo operations, keeping GPS and satellite communications safe, engaging with government on the B-737 MAX return to service, and much more.
- The CARES Act Update
- House Passes HEROES Act
- From Atop Parliament Hill
- How COVID-19 Has Affected Government Operations
- ALPA Keeps Its Eye on Implementation of FAA Reauthorization Priorities
- Regulatory Update: Keeping PIlots and the Public Flying Safely
- Update on All-Cargo Operations Legislation
- Update on Safety Legislation
- Update on Employer-Provided Health-Care Benefit Excise Tax Repeal
- ALPA to FAA and Industry: We Must Work Together to Ensure Safety and Restore Public Confidence
- FCC Actions Compromise the GPS Spectrum and Safety Systems
- Bill to Deter Flag-of-Convenience Foreign Carriers Nears Crucial Vote
- Q&A with Representative Brian Fitzpatrick
- District Advocates: Virtual Events, the New Normal
- Vote, Then Fly
- ALPA-PAC: The One Political Voice for Airline Pilots
- 2019 ALPA-PAC Roll of Distinction